Friday, January 14, 2011

Finally arrived in Nica-wa-wa!!!

Well, it was a pleasure to get almost no sleep last night, travel for an entire day, and eat frozen bagels for breakfast. And now we've finally crossed the agua to reach Managua Nicaragua!

Very warm weather here--we started sweating like PIGS the second we stepped out of the airport. Nicaragua is gorgeous though. All the palm trees, volcanoes, and the humid atmosphere reminds me of Hawaii. <33 We're staying at an amazing hotel. The rooms are small, and it's not as classy (or pricey) as Holiday Inn at DC, but it feels like we're living in a natural resort. I'm just disappointed that there aren't any baboons or exotic birds hanging out in the palm trees.

So I just wanted to let everyone know, that all 45 of us made it safely to Managua. Life is good. We eat, go to class, eat, learn Spanish, swim, eat, and sleep. We're scheduled to meed our host families on Monday. I hope they'll like me.

P.S. Sorry no pictures still. My stupid camera broke before I even got to use it. I'm hoping the other volunteers will be willing to share their photos with me.

1 comment:

  1. I can image how the pictures look. you will get a new one soon.

    ReplyDelete