Saturday, January 15, 2011

Health and Safety Training

Today, we started out with a delicious breakfast. There was fresh papaya and white pineapples. Then, during class/session/whatever we learned that we aren´t allowed to ride on top of buses, ride in the back of a pickup truck, or ride a donkey cart on the streets. Boo. I really liked the picture of the donkey.

We also learned how to spot pickpockets, how to protect ourselves and our valuables, and treat common illnesses. We were distributed a diarrhea kit--a brown paper bag containing chemicals we should ingest if we get nauseous. We also got a mosquito net, medical kit, and 500 ibs worth of books. The medical kit contains OTC drugs, floss, sunscreen (which I already used up half), small bottle of bug spray, condoms, small bottle of chemicals to purify water during an emergency, and lots of other useful stuff. The books are all homework we´ll need to read during training. I feel like I´m still in school.

We also filled out and signed billions of forms. I totally just signed my soul away. One form asked how we would prefer to be called, and my friend suggested that I put down "Your majesty, the Empress.¨I think that hsould be my blog name from now on.

Anyway, everyone here is really friendly and awesome. It does not feel like we´ve only known each other for 4 days. If anyone watches or has heard about 20/20, realize that the media likes to exaggerate particular cases and leave out information to make their show more dramatic. If I sound random, then just ignore me.

No comments:

Post a Comment